Sentry-6002 NEMA 4 protection grade battery monitoring system for 120V and 240VDC
Sentry-6002NEMA is a powerful battery monitoring system for substations with vented (flooded) or valve regulated lead acid batteries. It has been re-designed based upon our field proven BM6500 (1996) and BM6800 (2007) models to provide effective remote battery management according to the IEEE updated standards:
IEEE Std. 1188 – 2005: Recommended Practice for Maintenance, Testing, and Replacement of Valve-Regulated Lead- Acid (VRLA) Batteries for Stationary Applications (IEEE Link)
IEEE Std. 450 – 2010: Recommended Practice for Maintenance, Testing, and Replacement of Vented Lead-Acid Batteries for Stationary Applications (IEEE Link)
- Ultra precise IR (Internal Resistance) measurement for each cell detects dry-out and deterioration/capacity loss long before a problem occurs.
- Discriminate inter-cell and battery to bus connection resistance to identify connection problem without a discharge.
- Ambient and multi-point pilot battery temperature monitoring.
- IP65 (NEMA4) grade protection allows unit(s) to be installed inside the battery room. Compact design allows for easy installation on a rack or wall.
- Automatic discharge capture to database to record planned load test and unplanned power outage.
- No mechanical scanning relays, resulting high reliability.
- Plug & play HMI (optional) allows field service without a computer.
- Industry standard Modbus-RTU and Modbus-TCP communication.
- Full support to SNMP networking battery management system
- Compatible with Battery Analyzer software and MyBattery Platform™ for cloud based remote monitoring.