Sentry-6002 NEMA 4 protection grade battery monitoring system for 120V and 240VDC
Sentry-6002NEMA is a powerful battery monitoring system for substations with vented (flooded) or valve regulated lead acid batteries. It has been re-designed based upon our field proven BM6500 (1996) and BM6800 (2007) models to provide effective remote battery management according to the IEEE updated standards:
IEEE Std. 1188 – 2005: Recommended Practice for Maintenance, Testing, and Replacement of Valve-Regulated Lead- Acid (VRLA) Batteries for Stationary Applications (IEEE Link)
IEEE Std. 450 – 2010: Recommended Practice for Maintenance, Testing, and Replacement of Vented Lead-Acid Batteries for Stationary Applications (IEEE Link)
- Ultra precise IR (Internal Resistance) measurement for each cell detects dry-out and deterioration/capacity loss long before a problem occurs.
- Discriminate inter-cell and battery to bus connection resistance to identify connection problem without a discharge.
- Ambient and multi-point pilot battery temperature monitoring.
- IP65 (NEMA4) grade protection allows unit(s) to be installed inside the battery room. Compact design allows for easy installation on a rack or wall.
- Automatic discharge capture to database to record planned load test and unplanned power outage.
- No mechanical scanning relays, resulting high reliability.
- Plug & play HMI (optional) allows field service without a computer.
- Industry standard Modbus-RTU and Modbus-TCP communication.
- Full support to SNMP networking battery management system
- Compatible with Battery Analyzer software and MyBattery Platform™ for cloud based remote monitoring.
|Power Input||Internal DC/DC converter, 90 – 160V input; Maximum Consumption: 10W
250VDC version available
|Current Transducer (CT)
|Support LEM current transducer with internal +/-12V power supply
Default CT: HTA 300-S, measurement range +/- 450A, window size D-32mm.
Accuracy: 0.1% + sensor accuracy
|Direct Current Measurement||Optional, 0.1A resolution (Shunt is required)|
|Temperature Sensors||1 ambient temperature sensor, 1 pilot temperature sensor
Measurement range: -20⁰C to 60⁰C, operating range: 5⁰C to 40⁰C (41⁰F to 104⁰F)
Accuracy: 1 ⁰C
|Battery||60 x 2V cell per unit, up to 3,000Ah
For 120 x 2V application, 2 units are required for each string.
For large UPS 240 x 2V application, 4 units are required for each string.
|Bus Voltage||Range: 90 – 160V per unit; Accuracy: 0.1%|
|Input Range to Each Channel||+/- 3V for 2V batteries|
|Input Wiring||2-wire sampling for each battery, UL 300V 12-conductor 20AWG cable recommended|
|Internal Resistance and Connection Resistance|
|Range and Resolution||0 to 3mΩ, 0.005 mΩ resolution|
|2-wire mode||Internal Resistance and discriminate Connection Resistance.|
|Serial Port||Isolated RS-232C and RS-485 interface
MODBUS RTU, 9600-8-1-None
Modbus address 1 to 28, configurable with HMI
|Ethernet||Onboard DTU to MyBattery Platform or Battery Analyzer software
Modbus-TCP for integration
|Indication and Alarm|
|Alarm Outputs||Service Alarm (Normal Close, 0.1A capacity)
Urgent Alarm (Normal Close, 0.1A capacity)
|Unit Dimensions||13.50” (H) x 11.27” (W) x 7.18” (D)
343mm (H) x 286mm (W) x 182mm (D)
|Weight||10 lbs per unit (about 4.5kg)|
*Specifications subject to change without notice