Sentry-2412 UPS Battery Monitoring System
Cost-effective for UPS cabinet with up to 24 battery blocks
The Sentry-2412 is an industrial grade battery health monitoring system designed for a wide range (100 to 350V) of UPS systems and utility switchgear DC applications. This compact unit combines superior data quality with a flexible and streamlined installation, which makes it suitable for server rooms, data centers, refineries, railroads, substations, as well as numerous other industrial applications.
IEEE standard reference:
IEEE-1188, IEEE Recommended Practice for Maintenance, Testing, and Replacement of Valve-Regulated Lead-Acid (VRLA) Batteries for Stationary Applications
IEEE-1106-2015, IEEE Recommended Practice for Installation, Maintenance, Testing, and Replacement of Vented Nickel Cadmium Batteries for Stationary Applications
IEEE-1184, IEEE Guide for Batteries for Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems
IEEE 1491-2012 IEEE Guide for Selection and Use of Battery Monitoring Equipment in Stationary Applications
- Precise IR. (Internal Resistance/Conductance) online measurement is performed on each battery (or multi-cell), user selectable internal resistance or conductance data display. Sufficient precision for high capacity Lead Acid or Nickel Cadmium batteries while used for multi-cell monitoring.
- High Noise Immunity. Provides for accurate measurement on high ripple ups systems.
- Compact Design. Permits convenient installation on top, or inside of the battery cabinet.
- Easy to Install. Simplified connection: one wire per battery, plus three IR wires for one string. Easy to set for any number of cells for multi-cell applications. (For example, 87 x 1.2V NiCad, 21 channel with 4-cell and last channel 3-cell.)
- Reliable Solid State Scanning. (rather than mechanical relay) provides the highest reliability for industrial applications.
- HMI Panel. The plug and play touch panel (optional, handheld or panel mounting) displays battery data and alarms. It allows the technician to configure and calibrate without the need of a PC.
- Access Data/Alarm from Anywhere. Firewall friendly Battery Analyzer software, plug and play, easy to manage large number of sites from anywhere via internet. Alarming through email, SMS and SNMP trap.
- Supports Site/Building Management Systems. The system fully supports 3rd party network battery management systems with SNMP, Modbus TCP and hyperlink to real-time data.
- Individual Battery or Multi-cell Voltage
- Individual Internal Resistance (IR)
- String/Charger Voltage
- String Charge & Discharge Current, Ripple Current
- Ambient Temperature
- Pilot Battery Temperature
- Bank/Charger Voltage High/Low
- Ambient/Pilot Temperature High
- Individual Battery Voltage High/Low
- Individual Battery Internal Resistance High/Low
|Power Input||Powered by battery bank, 100-350VDC input; Maximum Consumption: 5W|
|Isolation||1,500VDC@1min to battery string|
|Current Sensor||Support LEM current sensor with internal +/-12V power supply
(Default range +/- 400A, window size D-35mm)
Same sensor is used for ripple current measurement
|Accuracy||0.1% + sensor accuracy|
|Temperature Sensors||1 ambient temperature sensor, 1 pilot temperature sensor|
|Range||Measurement range: -20 to 60ºC, operating range: 5ºC to 40ºC (41ºF to 104ºF)|
|Channel||Max 24 channels (configurable for less than 24 channels)|
|Bus Voltage||Range: 0 – 350V; Accuracy: 0.1%|
|Input Range to Each Channel||+/- 16V for 12V batteries, Or +/- 20V for 16V batteries (special order)|
|Protected input||+/-350V at any voltage input terminal|
|Input Wiring||1-wire from (+) positive of each battery plus the (-) negative of last battery.|
|Internal Resistance /Conductance|
|Range and Resolution||0 to 30mΩ, 0.01 mΩ resolution|
|1-wire mode||Total value of Internal Resistance + Connection Resistance.|
|Serial Port||Isolated RS-232C and RS-485 interface|
|Protocol and Serial Settings||MODBUS RTU, 9600-8-1-None|
|Modbus address||1 to 28, configurable with HMI|
|Ethernet||Onboard Ethernet LAN connection to Battery Analyzer or MyBattery Platform
SNMP, Modbus TCP, email/SMS message, hyperlink to real-time data
|Indication and Alarm|
|Alarm Outputs||Service Alarm (Normal Close, Voltage-free, 60V 0.1A capacity)
Urgent Alarm (Normal Close, Voltage-free, 60V 0.1A capacity)
*Specifications subject to change without notice