BatteryDAQ Introduces Explosion-Proof Battery Monitoring System
The thing is, when you manufacture products for global markets, it is necessary to listen to your Customers, as their requirements change. On each occasion, the manufacturer must then decide if it can create a solution to meet the changing requirements. Even further, when a country or continent changes requirements, the manufacturer would be wise to anticipate whether those requirements will be adopted by other countries, as well.
Specific to battery monitoring systems (BMS), while performing an installation in one country, BatteryDAQ technicians were informed that the purchasing company, located on a completely different continent, suddenly mandated that in order for the BMS to be located inside the battery room, it had to be housed in an explosion-proof casing. It was indeed surprising, since the topic never came up during the purchasing process, and at the time, no such system existed…anywhere. This was explained to the Customer. However, they stood firm and the systems were placed outside the battery room, adding time and expense.
Now, Customers certainly have the right to install solutions as they see fit, and as their budgets allow. But, As noted in a previous blog, the people of BatteryDAQ constantly evaluate how we can support our Customers, and the precepts we have adopted from MBNA always help us determine the best course of action. Specifically, the following four precepts directly fit this situation.
- PROVIDING THE CUSTOMER WITH THE FINEST PRODUCTS BACKED BY CONSISTENT TOP-QUALITY SERVICE.
- DELIVERING THESE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES EFFICIENTLY, THUS ENSURING FAIR PRICES TO THE CUSTOMER AND SOUND EARNINGS FOR THE STOCKHOLDER.
- TREATING THE CUSTOMER AS WE EXPECT TO BE TREATED – PUTTING THE CUSTOMER FIRST EVERYDAY – AND MEANING IT.
- BEING LEADERS IN INNOVATION, QUALITY, EFFICIENCY, AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. BEING KNOWN FOR DOING THE LITTLE THINGS AND THE BIG THINGS WELL.
As a result of reviewing the Customer’s needs and aligning them with our precepts, we are pleased to announce that BatteryDAQhas introduced the Sentry 30EX, the first and only explosion-proof battery monitoring system on the market!
Not only will the Sentry 30EX be extremely affordable, with incredible functionality, it will save big chunks of time and money.
Mirroring the functionality of the Sentry 6002NEMA, the Sentry 30EX will also eliminate excess wiring, since each unit will monitor up to 30x2V cells, and can be linked for 60, or 120 battery string applications.
A full-blown state-of-health (SOH) system, the Sentry 30EX measures and/or calculates:
* Internal Resistance
* Inter-cell and battery to bus connection resistance
* Specific gravity
* Ambient and pilot temperature
- Additionally, the BatteryDAQ Sentry 30EX meets the following important recommended practices for SOH battery monitoring:
- IEEE Std. 1188-2005: Recommended Practice for Maintenance, Testing, and Replacement of Valve Regulated Lead- Acid (VRLA) Batteries for Stationary Applications (IEEE Link)
- IEEE Std. 450 – 2010: Recommended Practice for Maintenance, Testing, and Replacement of Vented Lead-Acid Batteries for Stationary Applications (IEEE Link)
- NERC Standard PRC-005-2
Staying true to our precepts, beyond cost savings and impressive performance, it is important to provide our Customers with peace-of-mind. If their internal requirements demand explosion-proof casings inside a battery room, then we will deliver, whenever possible.
Which brings up a final point: exposed electronic devices cannot be inside a Customer-designated hazardous battery room. That goes for modules of any kind, or electrolyte sensors. BatteryDAQ has solved for these concerns by complete encasing the Sentry 30EX as a single unit, and using the other measurements listed above to calculate the need for electrolyte replenishment, long before a separate sensor would provide an alert. The addition of electrolyte sensors to an SOH battery monitoring system only produces more points of failure. BatteryDAQ’s technology eliminates the need for add-ons of any kind.
We’d love to talk with you.